[Pharo-project] ^ character in ubuntu

Roberto Sapiain rsapiain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:10:44 EDT 2010

Hello.

Well, In my case I just have a simple workaround:  in a terminal put the
keyboard in english  (with
# setxkbmap us  ; there with shift+6 you get the 'hat'  ^  ; to go back to
your normal layout   setxkbmap latam  if its latinamerican or es if its
spanish keyboard type; once you get the character printed, do a copy &
paste, or memorize the layout of an english keyboard  ;))

cheers, and hello to everyone in the list as well  :)

2010/10/20 Diogenes Moreira <diogenes.moreira at gmail.com>

> hi falks.
>
> I'm using Pharo 1.1 OneClick Package in Ubuntu 10.4 with the follow locale.
> when press ^ character in the pharo editor i get "?" symbol..
>
> What configuration I need change?
>
> Other data, if i using the cut & paste from othe application, that work
> fine.
>
> Thank in advance.
>
> iogenes at diogenes-desktop:~$ locale
> LANG=es_AR.utf8
> LC_CTYPE="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_NUMERIC="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_TIME="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_COLLATE="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_MONETARY="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_MESSAGES="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_PAPER="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_NAME="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_ADDRESS="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_AR.utf8"
> LC_ALL=
>
> cat /etc/lsb-release
> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> DISTRIB_RELEASE=10.04
> DISTRIB_CODENAME=lucid
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS
>
> diogenes at diogenes-desktop:~$ uname -a
> Linux diogenes-desktop 2.6.32-25-generic-pae #44-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 17
> 21:57:48 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

-* Amn El Ith Tir Sol - Honour *-
Roberto Iván Sapiain Caro (RISC).
Estudiante Ing. Civil en Computación.