[Pharo-project] Resize pharo window

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:21:02 EDT 2010

Hi Levente,

2010/10/20 Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, Alexander Lazarević wrote:
>
>  So you gonna remove the call to ioSetDisplayMode of the specific vm
>>
> display plugin from primitiveSetDisplayMode?
>
> Alex
>

> No, the idea is to replace the current implementation of ioSetDisplayMode:
>
>        return 0;
>
> to another which saves the display size:
>
>        setSavedWindowSize((w << 16) + (h & 0xFFFF));
>        return 1;

This may or may not be related.  We do headless builds at Teleplace and
everything worked fine until we moved to Mac.  There-on the issue for us was
that ioScreenSize was defined to answer 16 at 16 for the screen size when run
headless, and so images built headless on the Mac used to come up with a
tiny screen.  The fix was to use the saved window size.  See
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/platforms/Mac%20OS/vm/sqMacWindow.c
.

As far as setting the image size in image we discussed all this on this list
back on May 16th, right?  e.g. save the image (but don't quit) open the
just-saved image and modify the screen size there-in.  Is this what you're
doing?

best
Eliot