[Pharo-project] Decompiling method body returns as block?

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:37:25 EDT 2010

Hi list,
I'm using Pharo1.1rc2 #11400 and I want to extract the body part (the
String without the selector) of a CompiledMethod, but I'm getting a
BlockNode after sending #body and a MNU afterwards. This is what I do

aCompiledMethod decompileWithTemps ---> a BytecodeAgnosticMethodNode
which is displayed like:

'renderContentOn: aRenderer
	aRenderer form id: ''horizontalForm'';
		with: [aRenderer
				fieldSet: [ ... blablabla ]]'

and is ok. Then

aCompiledMethod decompileWithTemps body ---> a BlockNode displayed as:

{[:aRenderer |
aRenderer form id: 'horizontalForm';
		with: [aRenderer
				fieldSet: [... blablabla]]]}

I've expected the code string (sending #decompileString) without
"[:aRenderer |" part (used to work that way).
The thing is if I send #code to the BlockNode I get a
"MessageNotUnderstood: CascadeNode>>code".
I'd appreciate any hint to solve this.

Hernán Morales
Information Technology Manager,
Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
Internal: 422
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.