[Pharo-project] Some questions about pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 13:57:11 EDT 2010

2010/10/18 Adrien BARREAU <abarreau.dev at live.fr>

>  Hello =)
>
> I have a few questions:
>
> - If I run a headless Pharo, is it possible to display the graphical
> interface after? (for example, if something raises an exception, I want to
> open the GUI and use the debugger)

Not that I am aware of. However, what you can do is to run the image as
headless and have VNC running on in. Then, from any machine with a VNC
client you can connect, see the World, and use it.

Once I was thinking to hack a little and see if I can use the
UIDummyMananger of PharoKernel but on a Pharo non-headless. And see if there
was a way to not show any way, but then, after if you wanted, you just
needed to change the UIManager. But I have no idea if this could work.

> - I wanna run Pharo as a deamon; how can I interact with it after i
> launched it? (for example, if I want to give it a piece of code to execute).

I don't know :(