[Pharo-project] A Lazy Inspector?

Oscar E A Callau oalvarez at dcc.uchile.cl
Sun Oct 17 22:40:07 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I was wondering what actually the inspector does in the following case:

When you explore (or inspect) the expression: Class environment
you get all classes in the system dictionary. If you navigate inside a class, for example AColorSelectorMorph, you can see all its properties and one of them is environment, if you go inside it, you get again all classes in the system dictionary. So, you can repeat this infinitely (or until you get run out of memory, I guess)

Is it the behavior of a lazy inspector? If true, why I cannot inspect a mutually-recursive class definition, like this:

Object subclass: #Foo
	instanceVariableNames: 'bar'
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: ''

Foo>>initialize
	bar:= Bar new

Object subclass: #Bar
	instanceVariableNames: 'foo'
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: ''

Foo>>initialize
	bar:= Foo new

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: How can I stop my execution in the pharo image when it is in a infinite loop? I can't remember what the shortcut was.