[Pharo-project] what happened with Shout colors in Pharo 1.1?

Simon Denier Simon.Denier at inria.fr
Fri Oct 15 12:40:30 EDT 2010

On 15 oct. 2010, at 17:31, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> They've changed a lot from 1.0. For example, self, super, etc, are not in "orange" or that color of 1.0.
> Instances variables, are blue (instead of black), the same as parameters,etc...
>
> is there a way to recover the original colors? do we wanted  this change  or it is accidental ?

I think the colors in 1.0 were inherited from the dev images build by Damien Cassou. In 1.1, the colors comes from the settings of Lukas, who maintains Shout? Am I wrong?

I liked the colors in 1.0, but now I am accustomed to the current theme, which is very keen to the eye, except for two things that I change:
- distinguish instance vars/class vars from other variables: I use a brownish color for that, as I want to see at once methods accessing the state of the object
- distinguish class references: I use bold black as in the previous style, as I want to quickly catch hard dependencies in the code

To customize colors, two solutions:
1) hack SHTextStylerST80>>defaultStyleTable
2) load latest Shout and use Settings (then you should be able to save/load your style), since there is now a Settings interface

--
 Simon