[Pharo-project] Object Oriented Implementation of Numerical Methods" under the MIT license

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Fri Oct 15 12:26:01 EDT 2010

Why should it be free?  It might be nice to have an electronic copy, or just permission to scan and release, in escrow.  That could be done quietly between Didier and ESUG, and triggered if the book is no longer in print.  If it is in print and the code is worth having we should be buying copies.  To do otherwise undercuts investment by both the author and the publisher.

I bought Numerical Recipes with a much smaller carrot than MIT source.  The only reason I did not buy the book long ago is that the mix of topics was not a direct match for me, and because I generally look for C code that I can compile into libraries with clean interfaces.  I do more FFT, DWT than anything else; if they are in the book, I missed it.

Bill