[Pharo-project] Issue 3090: Context not included in ImageSegment when saving morph to file

Sheridan Mahoney sheridan at sheridan-mahoney.com
Thu Oct 14 20:22:44 EDT 2010

Hi all,
The method that generated the error in issue 3090 is below:

MethodContext(ContextPart)>>storeDataOn: aDataStream

     "Contexts are not allowed go to out in DataStreams.  They must be included inside an ImageSegment."

     aDataStream insideASegment ifTrue: [^ super storeDataOn: aDataStream].

     self error: 'This Context was not included in the ImageSegment'.
         "or perhaps ImageSegments were not used at all"
     ^ nil

I've been trying to make sense of the stack, and it appears that writing a morph
to a file is hooking an object which cannot be written to a DataStream.

Does anyone know whether the proper behavior is to:
- have the MethodContext go out without being inside an ImageSegment, or
- fix the morph-writing so that it uses ImageSegments???   Mariano would love
this, right?   :)

Or perhaps there's a better way to understand the stack.

Many thanks,
and Cheers,

Sheri/dan

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*
Listening's Auspicious Fortune is a heart
Rejuvenated with Profound Instructions.

Reflection's Auspicious Fortune is the collapse
Of delusion's false cavern.

      Kabje Kalu Rinpoche

"With a pure motivation that does not wane and
with great courage that does not despair, may
each of us endeavour to make our lives meaningful "

      H.H. the 17th Karmapa
      Orgyen Trinley Dorje