[Pharo-project] modal windows and unit tests

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:18:34 EDT 2010

>> There are also some basic things that would need some adjustment as I
>> see it. I think core or basic classes and models shouldn't make any
>> assumptions about the UI or even if there is an UI at all.
>
> YESSSssssssss.... and a minicore will help /force us to do that  (imagine an hudson script blocked because of a nice popup)

Consider that this is not the UI framework that should decide to open
a dialog or not. If somebody tells morphic to open a window it should
open it otherwise you break all kinds of assumptions.

If a user wants to support multiple UI frameworks (or the possibility
to disable certain UI actions), then he needs to take appropriate
action himself. OB for example uses notifications for all UI
interactions that are captured either by a morphic handler (by
default), a web handler (if you use the web interface), or by a test
handler (that builds a fake UI that doesn't display anything but gives
you a nice model to exercise the UI).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli