[Pharo-project] Pharo by Example has moved to github

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 12:40:41 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 17:25, Stéphane Ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>> Excellent, can I also push the Seaside Book there?

Just a heads up… with all the translations we are already using 2/3 of
the space for a free account :)

> If you want. Now I do not see the interest of git when we use it as svn. And I would prefer to host the book on an inria server
> because I know that this is backup by someboyd else than me.

It shouldn't be too hard to mirror the github repos to git-enabled
project on the gforge.
I just have to check how post-commit hooks work…

> and for a book I do not want to fork it (or people can fork it but I do not care of what they will do with their fork).

With SVN, forking is a technical issue (and a tough one because it's
difficult to merge back).
With Git, forking is a political issue, which it should be (and an
easy one because you just have to be clean which repo is the official
one).

--
Damien Pollet