[Pharo-project] Issue 3090: Context not included in ImageSegment when saving morph to file

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 04:08:31 EDT 2010

Hi Sheridan. I tried to fix it last night, but didn't succeed. Few notes:

- I could reproduce it
- The problem seems in writing a MethodContext since ContextPart >>
storeDataOn:  throws the error
- ImageSegment is NOT BEING USED AT ALL. I just implement #new in
ImageSegment to put a halt there, and nothing. No IS instance in created
And...if you see the method ContextPart >> storeDataOn:   it does:

    self error: 'This Context was not included in the ImageSegment'.
        "or perhaps ImageSegments were not used at all"

notice the comment

- In Squeak 4.1 save morph to file seems to be working. You can try to see
why and compare. What I think is that in Squeak 4.1 maybe you don't have
MethodContext (I put a halt in COntextOart >> storeDataOn: and never passes)
to serialize and then this is what it works. I say this because in my case
the MethodContext was something related to Polymorph (that it is not
included in Squeak). Maybe that's the difference or maybe we broke something
why cleaning Pharo.

- I don't think it is related to Closures

Cheers

Mariano