[Pharo-project] how to get the diff on commit on the pharo source?

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Oct 11 19:48:45 EDT 2010

I've played similar games for a long time.  Originally, I had to run on a Novell network, and it was a BSOD waiting to happen.  So, I added a machine with the Novell client that did nothing but use a mapped drive to read from a source and push data over TCP/IP to my server, which happily no longer ran the Novell client, and hence did not throw a BSOD twice or more each week.

Some time after that, I realized that the second machine could do more to help the server, and it ended up doing a fair amount of crunching, sending only summary data to the server.  Works great.  It's more boxes to maintain, but otherwise it's a nice arrangement.

Bill