[Pharo-project] Another finalization concern: error handling

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:32:54 EDT 2010

Sig,

How hard it is or isn't is not nearly as important as your tackling it and doing so with the right tools.  So again I say, carry on :)

On self vs. executor as the receiver of #handleFinalizationError:, I might lean toward "self" as it will be closer to the system.  There is probably little the executor can do, and it either missed or raised the error in the first place, right?  I *think* the most you are going to to do is log that something went wrong, but I could be missing something.

#ensure: attempts to evaluate the argument block whenever the receiver of it is completed (modulo some ominous sounding questions raised in the past months to a year??).  #ifCurtailed: should be similar, but evaluating the argument/block only on abnormal (including, I think, ^) exit of the block.

Does that help at all?

Bill