[Pharo-project] Hallo Pharoers.. namespaces in the system level ?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 10:15:31 EDT 2010

On 11 October 2010 16:59, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu> wrote:
> I'm glad to see that it works like class names (at least effectively) as messages to environments than a clone of Java syntax that I saw elsewhere.  On the completely pragmatic level, it will make more obvious the fact that our browser selection panes are not individually sizable.   I find them narrow at times now, and adding another column will squeeze even more.  Maybe I find them narrow specifically because I use long class names that would not be necessary if we had namespaces :)

Yep. Fixing UI could be seen as a separate problem.
But since traditionally, smalltalk seen as a language AND environment,
so in order to use it, we should do the both,
otherwise nobody will use it.

P.S. i like the design of Environments. Its not intrusive (no syntax
changes), and coexists peacefully with existing code.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.