[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Compiler pedantic about ifNotNil: argument

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Mon Oct 11 04:52:15 EDT 2010

> ?
> In any way, passing anything else than block literal as argument should work.

You mean in the implementation or in the semantics?
Read my mail.
This is a question of semantics. The argument of iftrue:ifFalse: are thunk (piece of code with frozen execution).

> This is smalltalk, not C with static types.

consistency and elegance as nothing to do with absence of static types.
With such a change we can break a lot of uniformity and break potential type inferencers.
And I do not see the advantage, beside having a clunky system.

Stef