[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Compiler pedantic about ifNotNil: argument

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Oct 10 11:06:44 EDT 2010

Nicolas, Sig,

The problem is compiler inlining?  That happens at compile time, right?  :)  Unless I am missing something, I see no reason to get upset about what you propose.  The runtime cost from the added messages is decided when the code is compiled, and things that are currently inlined would go right on being that way, even after they are recompiled??

Bill