[Pharo-project] Newbie question: Connection to SQLite DB

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 06:04:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:23 PM, nullPointer <epicfan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> >

> >> Anything, I need OpenDBX for use Sqlite3 project? (
> >> http://squeaksource.com/@7SFD7f008dKbC-Yt/rKzITl0-
> >> http://squeaksource.com/@7SFD7f008dKbC-Yt/rKzITl0-  )  I don´t need use
> >> glorp for the work; is for a very dummy DB.
> >>

> > I don't get this links....what did you want to link?
> >

> Is a project on SqueakSource for connect to Sqlite DBs. Excuse me for the
> bad link.
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SQLite.html
>
> That libs work without SqueakDBX, but obviously needs FFI. Works on Windows
> without problems, but in MACOSX don´t found any table on DB...  :(

I will try a nice shoot:

In sqlite, the database is a "file". So, in windows, you database can be
"c:/windows/mariano/sqlite.db".
However, if sqlite doesn't find the database, sometime (I think that
depending which funcion the driver is calling) Sqlite creates a database IN
MEMORY.

So...MAYBE, you are using in Mac the same PATH you used in Windows, which
fails, then creates an in memory database, and that explains why you don't
see your tables.

ok....if it were that, you own me a beer :)

cheers

mariano