[Pharo-project] Getting my head around low space

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Oct 10 00:51:42 EDT 2010

It's fairly clear:  " the Mac VM has an option -memory"
no -mmap

use it or set the info.plist setting of  SqueakMaxHeapSize.
You can in theory set values up to 4GB on a 4.2.x VM or 5.7.x
Might make lights dim and core dump on a 5.8.x VM, please try...
Obviously you have to actually use the 4GB of memory.

However I suspect asking for anything close to or over 5.8GB on a 4.2.x and 5.8.x VM won't fly.
Should work with a 5.7.x VM