[Pharo-project] Getting my head around low space

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Oct 9 17:14:30 EDT 2010

Max,

You are probably way ahead of this (and keep pushing the envelope<g>), but you do know about #release, right?  A couple of weeks ago I ran some fairly intense calculations that resulted in low space conditions.  Sending #release to the participants (and implementing it correctly) fixed it.

One thing that IMHO has never worked well, or at least not as well as advertised, in Dolphin is relying on its finalization "water mark" to trigger cleanup of finalizable objects on need.  Most notably, I found it necessary to explicitly clean up ODBC statements to avoid errors/crashes.

How much memory do you need?  May I ask for what?  32 or 64 bit?

Bill