[Pharo-project] 12186 image quit problem

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sat Oct 9 15:29:50 EDT 2010

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 9 October 2010 09:02, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
> Igor
>
> Is it also related to
>        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=3048
> too?

related? not quite. However by fixing it we at least hide the problem.

Somehow , removing weakdependent during shutdown leads to semaphore deadlock.
But i don't think that it exactly because MCMethodDefinition registers
weakdependent.
It could be any other thing, which registers weakdependent and then
tries to remove it from weakdependents during
shutdown.

It also quite hard to reproduce.  I was able to lock image few times
using script , which Pavel provided.
But then running same image with same VM again, didn't lead to lock.

It's probably easy to find the cause of the deadlock if you're able to
print the stacks.

Levente

> Stef

Best regards,