[Pharo-project] 12186 image quit problem

Pavel Krivanek pavel.krivanek at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 07:41:03 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>
> > Hi Marcus,
> >
> > is that really all what happened between 12172 and 12186?
> >
> > update12186
> > Issue 3071:   fixing timestamp tests
> > Issue 3068:   Non portable SmalltalkImage>>platformName
> deprecationWarning
> > Issue 3063:   removing explain
> > Issue 3039:   There should not be any configuration on Core
> >
> > It doesn't explain the problems with VM versions and in 12186 I cannot
> build the PharoKernel (it hangs without error in unload phase)
> >
> No, we loaded:
>
> Issue 3002:     A new finalization code ready for integration in Pharo

ok, can you reproduce this on your VM?

- take prebuilt 12186
- run the image with a file as argument that contains:

 SmalltalkImage current snapshot: true andQuit: true.

- run the image with a file as argument that contains:

5 timesRepeat: [Smalltalk garbageCollect].
SmalltalkImage current snapshot: false andQuit: true.

-- Pavel