[Pharo-project] WebBrowser

Alexander Lazarević laza at blobworks.com
Fri Oct 8 04:14:38 EDT 2010

2010/10/8 Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>:
> The nice thing is: we can put things back, easily. I think it's better
> to remove and put back than to never change anything because
> someone might need it.

True.

I guess there is no benefit other than for backwards compatibility to
keep WebBrowser around. In Pharo 1.2 web links don't use WebBrowser
anymore and so even a registered ExternalWebBrowser will not be used.
I think there is a UI testing framework that uses ExternalWebBrowser,
but I doubt that this uses the indirection via the WebBrowser
registry.

Anyway, I changed the latest version of ExternalWebBrowser, so that it
checks if there is a WebBrowser registry present before trying to
register itself. Works in Squeak 4.2a and Pharo1.2 .

Alex