[Pharo-project] XTream was Re: Re: Ocean (was Re: Less plugins, more Smalltalk code!)

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu Oct 7 10:58:31 EDT 2010

On 06 Oct 2010, at 08:48, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> See also hijacked  http://www.squeaksource.com/XTream.html borrowing
> some of the ideas, but somehow less extreme.
> Most packages should now load in Pharo.

Hi Nicolas,

I have been looking at the ESUG 2010 slides & google code project pages of xstreams and I must say that I like this very much.

Your code on SS does indeed load in Pharo 1.1. 8 tests fail out of 37 with errors that I think are probably fixable. I am browsing it now.

Now my question is, first, do you have some write up somewhere explaining what you did and why, and second, what is the current state of your project and what are your future plans/goals ?

Thx,

Sven