[Pharo-project] Learning by download all the mcz files from a repository

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Thu Oct 7 06:58:47 EDT 2010

Do you see yourself acting as scientist or student?  Good scientists *are* students (learning never stops), but the distinction I am making is more about what you plan to get from this.  If you see this as a scientific exercise, you will want to collect or map the changes to some type of reportable data (object oriented metrics, graph theoretic representation, etc.).

If I were going to do this, I would grab the .mcz files (cheap storage is a good thing) and work toward having an image do the loading and looking.  Along the way, it would create the "data trail" that would ultimately be of interest.  That would likely be iterative, meaning that I would expect to do what you describe (looking at the changes, no doubt with the aid of conditional breakpoints) at various steps along the way, but the goal would probably be to summarize what is happening.

Good luck.