[Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Cog+NativeBoost Linux32 binaries available

Fernando olivero fernando.olivero at usi.ch
Wed Oct 6 09:54:41 EDT 2010

On Oct 6, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 6 October 2010 16:31, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6 October 2010 16:08, Fernando olivero <fernando.olivero at usi.ch> wrote:
>>> Ok, thanks for the info.
>>>
>>>  i'm more than interested in the doing the MacOsX port of NBOpenGL. When i have the time ( not in the near future) i will produce a native boost mac vm deployable , plus the NBOpenGL-MacOsX.
>>>
>>> Regarding the window downloable, i followed the instructions in the page, the load order of packages but a certain class seems to be missing when i want to try the example ( the true type font example rendering ) in the NBOpenGL-Morphic package.
>>>

>> Ohh.. i found that last one is saved as
>> NBOpenGL-Morphic-Igor.Stasenko.3fqa
>>
>> instead of
>> NBOpenGL-Morphic-Igor.Stasenko.3
>>
>> don't ask me how.. looks like some MC bug.
>>
>> it is listed as a separate item in repository packages list .. crap
>>
>> Also, the missing class is NBGLCurveRenderer, which i moved to
>> NBOpenGL-Rome package.
>> I did a snapshot of it. But it depends on RomeCanvas class(es) , which
>> is part of Athens..
>> But just ignore that for now and load it. For demo, you need only
>> NBGLCurveRenderer which not rely on any Rome-specific stuff.

Just for curiosity, why this dependance on Rome? To end up providing a Canvas were all the rendering is performed by OpenGL and you text rendering class ?

>> It should be less messy.. But this is still under construction, so ,
>> sorry for inconvenience :)

No problem! It's a big project, and you are making an excellent job!

> So, the load order is
>
> Core
> Win
> TrueType
> Display
> Rome
> Morphic.3fqa
>
> then you can run the:
>
> GLTTRenderingDemo new openInWorld
>
> (works for me) :)

Ok! Great! I wil try it.

Maybe we could add some OpenGL rendering examples, some of them can be taken from AlienOpenGL examples, or other source.
I found it useful for documenting the usage to have a class called AlienOpenGLExamples, with examples as instance methods  ( and also to validate that the rendering is ok).

Fernando