[Pharo-project] Soap Webservices for pharo

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Oct 4 10:42:15 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

Nice to see that SOA Web Services in Squeak/Pharo is rolling on again.
We really need that, if we want Pharo to be useful in commercial,
specially in so called "enterprisely" world. Those who listen Andreas
Thönne's talk on ESUG, know what I mean.

What we really need on SOA Web Services front:

- WSDL support,
- XML <-> Object mapping.
- Tools

Goal should be a "one-click" use of Web Services. From both client and
server setup. As all Smalltalks support it, except Squeak/Pharo yet not.
Look at excellent VW or VA Smalltlak WebServices suport for inspiration.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek