[Pharo-project] Pointer types

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Oct 3 23:15:23 EDT 2010

Sig,

You mentioned something that might be useful, depending on where it lives.  Our ability to use underscores now leaves me thinking I really should rework some things that suffered mightily: there are some external things that are named assuming underscores, and in mixed case, they turn into an unreadable mess.  Along with this, I have a large number of FFI calls that take double pointers, and I have for some time been demoralized into (or stupid enough to<g>) expressing them as void pointers to allow me to pass byte arrays into them.

Is there a way that I can get FFI to recognize DOUBLEArray (which uses a ByteArray to hold its data) as something that should be acceptable for a double* call?  If not FFI, how does NB handle it?

Bill