[Pharo-project] [Progress Report] Zinc HTTP Components

Matt Kennedy arturus at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 11:08:51 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

On Oct 1, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Wow, very impressive.
>
> What I would like to see is some kind of high-level API for convenient
> access to all features. Something along
>
> response := ZnHttp new
>    url: 'http://www.foo.com';
>    userAgent: 'FakeAgent';
>    cookieAt: 'something' put: '123';
>    parameterAt: 'q' put: 'smalltalk';
>    onFailure: [ :error | self inform: 'failed' ];
>    onProgress: [ :status | ... ];
>    get
>
> Lukas

This is actually where I'd like to head with the client API. I had started my own HTTP client about 2 days before Sven announced Zinc, so it made more sense contribute to his project. My initial work was a subclass off of ProtocolClient and was kind of monolithic, so my first steps have been to make things mesh nicely with Zinc.

My initial prototype before I started working on Zinc had a very similar API to your example, so my thoughts are definitely aimed for that direction.

Matt