[Pharo-project] [Progress Report] Zinc HTTP Components

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:10:25 EDT 2010

Wow, very impressive.

What I would like to see is some kind of high-level API for convenient
access to all features. Something along

response := ZnHttp new
    url: 'http://www.foo.com';
    userAgent: 'FakeAgent';
    cookieAt: 'something' put: '123';
    parameterAt: 'q' put: 'smalltalk';
    onFailure: [ :error | self inform: 'failed' ];
    onProgress: [ :status | ... ];
    get

Lukas

On 1 October 2010 13:52, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
> Cool!
>
> Stef
>
> On Oct 1, 2010, at 10:04 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>
>> Here is a quick progress report regarding the Zinc HTTP Components project.
>> Please check the SqueakSource history for a all the details.
>> The external documentation has not yet been updated ;-)
>>
>> I am very pleased that Matt Kennedy joined the project as a developer and
>> is contributing lots of really important and interesting code - way to go Matt!
>>
>> Some highights are:
>>
>> - we now have cookie handling, authentication and credential objects
>> - there is a new ZnUserAgent client that can do advanced authentication
>>  handles cookies, sessions and that can follow redirects
>> - there is a ZnFixedClient that can reuse a connection to the same host/port
>> - there is support for client side chunked and gzip decoding
>> - there is an experimental server that keeps connections alive (unfinised)
>> - support classes ZnUserAgentSession and ZnUserAgentSession
>> - lots of refactorings, fixes and portability improvements
>> - the number of unit tests has increased to 71
>>
>> Sven

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch