[Pharo-project] Unix thing? Possible silent failure writing file.

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Sun Nov 14 22:44:52 EST 2010

Wilhelm,

This comment, which we know is coming from a SW developer, looks like an automatic "Elisa" like IA bot replying syntactically correct English but not adding exchange in the dialogue.

Your description of the unexpected (for you, that is) behavior doesn't allow us to understand minimally if the 'failure' is:

a) a mismatch between your expectation and actual, albeit correct behavior;
b) an intermittent occurrence or a systematic one, i.e., reproducible one;
c) _what_ exactly was you doing in your code and in which context.

Also, since you mentioned Windows to Unix transition, is the 'silent' failure in Unix 'not silent' if you run the same code?

I hope that by now you can understand why we need a minimum piece of code in order to envision the tackling of an "ultimately fix".

Regards,

--
Cesar Rabak