[Pharo-project] About SourcedMethodReference

Luc Fabresse luc.fabresse at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:48:45 EST 2010

Hi all,

When SourcedMethodReference have been introduced, some tests in
SystemNavigationTest turned yellow.
The tests are currently expecting a MethodReference.
If I modify the tests to exepect a SourcedMethodReference, the problem is
now on:

SourcedMethodReference>>=
       ^self == aMethodReference.

Why this has been redefined in SourcedMethodReference?
I think that the super class (MethodReference) implementation is
semantically better. No?

MethodReference>>= anotherMethodReference
"Answer whether the receiver and the argument represent the
same object."
^ self species == anotherMethodReference species
and: [(self classSymbol = anotherMethodReference classSymbol)
and: [(self classIsMeta = anotherMethodReference classIsMeta)
and: [self methodSymbol = anotherMethodReference methodSymbol]]]

#Luc