[Pharo-project] The next milestone reached!

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat Nov 6 14:58:41 EDT 2010

Gabriel, Benjamin and Nicolas paez started to work on kernels (collaborating also with pavel).
Now Benjamin is starting to generate a new kernel using microSqueak approach.

just that you know our plans we are working on

	pine kernel = microsqueak with as less as modifications as possible (fun for teaching)

	hazelnut = nothing to do with pine kernel but inspired and based on current pharo kernel
				String wideString floats...
				Exception

	walnut = a bit bigger but based on haselnuts
				Announcement ....

	coconut = probably bigger but based on

I imagine you got the idea of our metaphor :)

In parallel we are cleaning cleaning cleaning and repackaging part of the system in collaboration with Pavel so that when we get haselnuts or walnuts we could do something with it. and we have some other cool stuff on the grill :)

Stef