[Pharo-project] Substrings for strings?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sat Feb 20 15:15:36 EST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Nathan Tuttle wrote:

> Often; I don't. I will try it more now that I know there are people who have success.

The MethodFinder works for those methods that are registered... it kind of has a black list of known bad methods
and a white list of known good ones, so if you don't add new methods there it will not find it...

(We retained the MethodFinder because we intend to actually make it better at some point..  the idea is cool.. worth to be
generalized and to be taken to a new level)

	Marcus

> On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
> the meta approach
>
> did you try the methodfinder?
>
> open method finder
>
> type
>
>        'Foo Bar Baz' . 5 . 3
>
> -> no single function
>
>        'Foo Bar Baz' . $B . 'Bar'
> -> no single function
>
> I stopped but often I find what I want.
>

> On Feb 20, 2010, at 1:05 AM, Nathan Tuttle wrote:
>
> > I can't find any method that allows me to take a substring out of a string my location and length.
> >
> > Anyone know?

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.