[Pharo-project] GoferApiTest failing (WinXP)

Ch Lamprecht ch.l.ngre at online.de
Sun Feb 14 03:26:32 EST 2010

Lukas Renggli schrieb:
>> running the tests in latest images PharoCore-1.1 and 1.0 on WinXP I see
>> GoferApiTest>>#testSubDirectoryRepository failing.
>
> Are you sure that you use the latest Gofer code, because I think I
> fixed that a while back.

I just ran the tests that come with

PharoCore-1.0-10508
PharoCore-1.1-11196

using the image as it is.

I updated to Gofer-Tests lr.115 and now I see, that #testSubDirectoryRepository
has been removed in that version...

>> It could be fixed by changing
>>
>> MCSubDirectoryRepository>>#description
>>
>> +       ^ directory pathName, FileDirectory slash , '*'
>> -       ^ directory pathName, '/*'
>>
>> The current implementation works because '/' and '\' both are valid path
>> separators on windows. Assuming '/' as path delimiter would cause trouble with
>> MacFileDirectory - but that might be obsolete anyway.
>> So may be the test is too strict?
>
> I bet that breaks the tests on all platforms other than Windows.

Why do you think so? Is 'FileDirectory slash' broken on platforms other than
Windows?

Cheers, Christoph