[Pharo-project] Scamper revival

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Feb 27 19:41:31 EST 2010

I'm in favor of options like this, but remain convinced that the more layers that appear between the ultimate end user software and the hardware, the worse performance will be.  A while back I was taking the "Seaside is *not* all we need for a GUI" side of a debate and described my cash cow as "an etch-a-sketch with a type A personality" - got a good laugh when I ran across that a couple of years later.  Picture users frantically banging on a tablet, selecting, poking and scribbling.  Pardon my lack of vision, but there is no way in hell that HTML+CSS+JavaScript is going to keep up with it.  I also have my doubts about our current vms in that respect, though Windows and its bloat would be out of the picture.

Bill