[Pharo-project] Scamper revival

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Feb 27 08:57:21 EST 2010

Just checking :)

In that case however, I would like to see a nice(r) way to construct Polymorph interfaces.  Dolphin's MVP framework is very powerful.  One thing that it does not seem to do well is allow domain objects to insert themselves into a GUI; Seaside and Magritte have an advantage there.  I find Magritte a little too helpful, and #description *much* too helpful, meaning that it does so much for me that I forget how things work.

There is probably nothing to stop us from taking a little more control over Magritte descriptions and containers, and IIRC, there is a Polymorph version of Magritte (or is that just wishful thinking??).  Rather than write HTML to feed into what we all agree is a sub-optimal browser, I suggest putting the energy into refining Smalltalk idioms to turn data into a GUI using Polymorph.  The end result should be better user interfaces all around.

Bill