[Pharo-project] Metacello --- How to make sure that we will be able to load... in 3 years from now

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Tue Feb 23 05:14:30 EST 2010

Hi all

I would like that we have a discussion about how do we put in place an infrastructure to make sure that we can get
metacello configuration working in 3/5 years from now.

I think that there are two scenarios:

MyProject
======
in my project I used metacello and I publish a config and if it breaks in the future this is my responsibility

PublishedMyProjectIn
When I publish my project (for now I copy the configuration file from my repository to the one of metacello)
in the metacelloPharo1.0 project, we could automatically pulled up all the necessary files and copy them in the
1.0 repository. This way we can shield and make sure that a project can be loaded.

I would like to have
	MetacelloMetaRepository1.0
	MetacelloMetaRepository1.1
	MetacelloMetaRepository1.2