[Pharo-project] Why a package management system

Torsten Bergmann astares at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 05:17:26 EST 2010

>So you are educating them....
>Frankly I stopped trying long time ago.

No, I just tell them what I think is necessary to move forward.
Other may be more educated here, it is just sharing MHO so others
can to form an own opinion.

>I think it would be much more ... "becoming" (and fruitful) if we all
>could stop "trash talking" each other - especially those of us who play
>a "larger role".

+1

Meanwhile the Pharo community has grown with new members and many people
dont care about old discussions.

Let's use our energy to move forward and (if possible) share as much
knowledge and code as long as parts of our communities overlap.

I therefore would really like to see a common exchange mechanism used
on both sides.

I'm sure I'm not able to convince one or the other to use package
systems like Metacello but at least I hope to make them think about
the need of a more modular system.

Bye
T.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser