[Pharo-project] Clue about morphic performance??

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Mon Feb 22 07:28:16 EST 2010

Hello all,

I sometimes have reason to run code on machines that are accessible only by a remote desktop connection, and I have noticed something that might be a useful clue: on an identical setup (same server, same network, same RDP client), Dolphin performs quite well and Pharo struggles (often severely).  Are we simply that much slower in generating graphics and/or pushing it over the RDP connection, or is morphic drawing too much?  I suppose the RDP server could be hindering Pharo by always sending one whole window (e.g. the whole Pharo desktop) at a time or something stupid like that.  It might be worth a look by someone with morphic and RDP expertise.

Bill