[Pharo-project] Pharo won't make a VM in linux

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Sun Feb 21 14:27:26 EST 2010

Javier Pimás wrote:

> Linking C executable squeakvm
>

> B3DAcceleratorPlugin/libB3DAcceleratorPlugin.a(sqOpenGLRenderer.c.o): In
> function
> `glRenderVertexBuffer':
>
> /home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:846:
> undefined reference to
> `glColorMaterial'
> /home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:847:
> undefined reference to
> `glGetError'
> /home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:848:
> undefined reference to
> `glEnable'
> /home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:849:
> undefined reference to `glGetError'

> /home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqUnixOpenGL.c:159:
> undefined reference to `glLightModelfv'
> /home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqUnixOpenGL.c:160:
> undefined reference to `glGetError'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [squeakvm] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Maybe it should be linking to opengl lib but it isn't, what do you think?

What version of OpenGL do you have installed on your machine? I haven't
looked at the details, but I believe that the interface changed quite a
lot between OpenGL 1.x and OpenGL 2.x, so if B3D is expecting 2.x and
you have 1.x, or the other way around, you might get problems like this.

Regards,

-Martin