[Pharo-project] Pharo won't make a VM in linux

Javier Pimás elpochodelagente at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 13:05:24 EST 2010

This is a spin-off of the Alien's building thread, I think it deserved it's
own thread. I first faced this while trying to build alien, but then I
noticed it's unrelated. The VM is not building in linux, and I think it's
not caused by my machine's configuration.

I'm using 1.0RC2, with VMMaker loaded yesterday using
configurationOfVMMaker. I also applied

ObjectMemory initializeWithBytesToWord: Smalltalk wordSize.

as told in the other thread to fix some issues.

Plugins are:

- internal:
 B3DAcceleratorPlugin,
 BaloonEnginePlugin,
 BitBltSimulation,
 FilePlugin,
 SocketPlugin.
- By the way, I'm also having to include some dummy plugin as external. If I
don't, cmake will make some weird stuff like creating a = directory and then
fail. I use ADPCMCodecPlugin.

The errors are these:

Linking C executable squeakvm

B3DAcceleratorPlugin/libB3DAcceleratorPlugin.a(sqOpenGLRenderer.c.o): In
function
`glRenderVertexBuffer':

/home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:846:
undefined reference to
`glColorMaterial'
/home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:847:
undefined reference to
`glGetError'
/home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:848:
undefined reference to
`glEnable'
/home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/Cross/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqOpenGLRenderer.c:849:
undefined reference to `glGetError'

/home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqUnixOpenGL.c:159:
undefined reference to `glLightModelfv'
/home/javier/st/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/plugins/B3DAcceleratorPlugin/sqUnixOpenGL.c:160:
undefined reference to `glGetError'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [squeakvm] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/squeakvm.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Maybe it should be linking to opengl lib but it isn't, what do you think?

Regards,
             Javier.

--
Javier Pimás