[Pharo-project] [ANN 1.1] pre-build #11220

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sat Feb 20 14:27:57 EST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:36 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> this was called on each window activation:

> ... which means that it actually iterated over the complete submorph-tree of the world to
> find a SketchEditor... So yes, maybe that will slow things down a little. :-)

Hmm... this kind of validates my theory that cleaning up is a good thing.

But than, all people are different... I found that I just can not think when the thing I am starting with is not beautiful.

Don't we actually build the future using the past? So if the past sucks deeply (i.e. it is worse than we already learned
how to do things), how can we ever invent the future? Wouldn't we waste resoures in a big way doing it this way?

Others might argue that I am just not intelligent enough to deal with complexity... :-) but I think that complexity is non-linear and especially
the intelligent (or when we look at companies those with lots of resources in terms of money) tend to underestimate it.

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.