[Pharo-project] Pharo and Solaris

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 20 14:24:22 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:53:58PM +0100, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> I tried Pharo on OpenSolaris using Squeak-3.11.3.2135-solaris2.10_i386.sh
> from squeakvm.org.
>
> Is this VM closure aware? If not where to get one?

Yes, this VM will have closure support.

FYI, the "3.11.3" in the VM name comes from VMMaker class>>versionString
("2135" is the Subversion level of the support code). The closure support
was added to VMMaker as of version 3.10. You can browse VMMaker on
SqueakSource to get more details. The Monticello update notes identify
the versionString whenever it is changed (corresponding to some functional
change in the VM).

Dave