[Pharo-project] [update 1.1] #11221

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Feb 19 18:53:46 EST 2010

On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:49 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Issue 2014:	delete class TheWorldMenu
>

> OK - but how to register a tool for the menu now? Many class
> side initializers will call "TheWorldMenu register..." to
> register for the menu. They wont load in 1.1 and have to be reworked.

Hmm... but registering with a class that is not used makes not much sense, either.
Maybe for easy loading we should reaint the TheWorldMenu class for now?

Registering to the new world menu uses (as people might have guessed): Evil Pragmas :-)

MenuRegistrationExample has an example:

myOwnCoolToolRegistrationOn: aBuilder
	<worldMenuExample>
	(aBuilder item: #MyOwnCoolTool)
		parent: #Tools;
		label: 'My own cool tool';
		target: Workspace;
		selector: #openContents: ;
		arguments: #('yep, my own cool tool can be opened from the world menu ! :)')

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.