[Pharo-project] FileSystem question

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 03:58:08 EST 2010

> Are there some examples (not tests)?

Mason and Monticello 2 use it, as far as I know.

> What is the difference between FSReference and FSPath?

Did you read the class comments?

FSPath: I an abstract filesystem path, independent of the string
representation used to describe paths on a specific filesystem. I
provide methods for navigating the filesystem hierarchy and working
with absolute and relative paths. I only refer to a concrete file or
directory with regard to a specific filesystem.

FSReference: I combine a filesystem and path, which is sufficient to
refer to a concrete file or directory. I provide methods for
navigating my filesystem, performing filesystem operations and opening
and closing files.  I am the primary mechanism for working with files
and directories.

So most likely you are only interested in FSReference. FSPath is only
used for relative paths independent of the filesystem, or path that
cross or are independent of filesystem boundaries.

> For example how can I print in the Transcript all the files in my current dir?

FSDiskFilesystem current working children

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch