[Pharo-project] DateAndTime and TimeStamp precision

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Fri Feb 12 15:46:45 EST 2010

Miguel,

Pharo allows you to drill down to millisecond resolution, but for your 'benchmark' that's still too coarse:

{DateAndTime. TimeStamp } collect: [ :class |
| list |
list := OrderedCollection new.
1 to: 1000 do: [ :each |
value := class millisecondClockValue.
list add: value ].
list last - list first ].

I get an Array (1 1).

Changing from 1000 to 100000 (hundred fold) I got  #(77 141).

HTH

--
Cesar Rabak