[Pharo-project] Pharo changing the game

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Fri Feb 12 04:30:33 EST 2010

another point, what about automatic initialize?
At one point in the past VW (eliot) was really for introducing it in VW since it would not cost
anything in presence of the JIT.
Dolphin people did it on Model but they told me that if they could they would remove it.
and this is a really important change to lower the entry level and burden of newcomers.

Now because of "compatibility" we have to code without it for me this is a drawback.

Do we imagine Seaside could have been invented by  VisualAge Smalltalkers (no punt intended)?
No because there is no thisContext!!!
Sad!

My point is what is the price to pay to compatibility.

Stef