[Pharo-project] Pharo changing the game

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Thu Feb 11 15:42:27 EST 2010

pfff.... I should say that kent should have not broken his rule.
Don't blog when you are mad. It gives a bad impression and not only about smalltalk

Now what is the solution.
	get stuck with a ANSI bad standard?
	get with vendors evolution that are not optimal?

	what if we do not like VW Namespace ?
	what if we would like to have first class instance variables?
Vendors like parceplace  did not really ask the community about the changes they did.

Now Seaside is developed on pharo and run on nearly all the dialects so there
is a path. It is not easy.
Now if would be better to think that what is the future of smalltalk.
	- scripting
	- first class instance variables
	- new look at the MOP
	- better modules system
	- ...
and we will not to that with ANSI kind of standardization process.

Stef

BTW this is fun because when I read the bio of Kent on his recent book I do not see
Smalltalk mentioned so this is good to know that he is back to smalltalk :)