[Pharo-project] creating a new metacello version from current commited packages

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:54:43 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Fernando olivero <oliverof at lu.unisi.ch>wrote:

> Hi, is this feature available in Metacello?
>
> To create a new version automatically by
>        1.  using latest version number found in any method + 1 , in the
> ConfigurationOfXXX)
>        2. using commited packages in the repository
>
> Something like
>
> ConfigurationOfXXX>>createVersionNamed: aVersionNameSelector
>

> That would compile the method
>        ConfigurationOfXXX>>aVersionNameSelector
>                <version: 'lastestVersion+1' imports: #('1.0-baseline')>
>        spec for: .... do: [
>                spec blessing: #development.
>                spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/XXX'.
>                spec
>                        author:'Me';
>                        package: 'Gaucho-Core' with:
> 'Gaucho-Core-FernandoOlivero.78' ;
>                        package: 'Gaucho-Drawables'
> with:'Gaucho-Drawables-FernandoOlivero.37' ;
>
> Or everybody is creating new version by hand, fetching the latest versions
> names from the monticello repo?

I am doing exactly that. But that's because I don't like and I don't trust
in automagic ;)

Anyway, I think that the Metacello-OB tools may help you there. I am not
sure as I don't use such tools, but maybe there is something. You should
take a look or wait for other responses ;)

Check: http://code.google.com/p/metacello/wiki/MetacelloTools

Cheers

Mariano