[Pharo-project] [Seaside] mouse right button

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:01:48 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Adrian Lienhard <adi at netstyle.ch> wrote:

> Yes, but this was fixed, wasn't it?
>
> The problem of the wrong order of InputEventSensor in the startup list was
> resolved in August. At least the following evaluates to true in current
> PharoCore 1.0:
>
> ((SystemDictionary classPool at: 'StartUpList') indexOf: #OSPlatform) <
> ((SystemDictionary classPool at: 'StartUpList') indexOf: #InputEventSensor).

yes, this returns true. So. It doesn't seem to be the same problem.

> So, yes, there was a known problem but I assumed it was fixed. Probably,
> what we are seeing now is related. According to Bill, the setting is wrong
> on Windows when the image that was first saved on Linux is started without
> being saved first (if I understand correctly). There can be two reasons: at
> startup either the initialization of the mouse mapping is not triggered
> (which I doubt) or it is triggered but the platform is still the old one.
> Can somebody that has the problem check what is going on?

I have tested, and even saving the image, the problem is not fixed. The only
way to really fix it (at least what I worked for me is what I said to the
guy in Seaside...I paste here:

1) Change Preferences class >> swapMouseButtons  to this:

swapMouseButtons
    ^ self
        valueOfFlag: #swapMouseButtons
        ifAbsent: [
            true ]

2) Save the image. Quite and start again.

with this, swapMouseButtons returns true.

So....maybe, what it is wrong is the  OSPlatform current platformFamily ~=
#Windows

I don't know :(